2008年4月21日星期一

The Current Status of PlanetSim

I received a reply to one of my essay refer to PlanetSIM, But there is no contact information left. So I want to post an essay which introduces PlanetSim to the certain friend in detail, and hope you could find this essay.

PlanetSim is an object oriented simulation framework for overlay networks and services. A suit of well defined common interfaces is introduced into the framework, So any user can achieve their own DHT protocol by implementing the interfaces. After achieve the DHT protocol, uers can build their applications. For more detailed information, you can visit the wiki of PlanetSim, and also the PDF version of tutorials and Javadoc API can be gotten from the PlanetSim web site.

I also used some other simulators of DHT, Overlay weave and p2psim. By contrast, if one want to build its own DHT applications or DHT service, PlanetSim is a much better choice for it is well documented and the codes are easy to understand. Well, if one just want to simulate a DHT protocol, Overlay weave and p2psim also have their advantages. Overlay weave is based on java muiti-threads, and it is also easy to scale out to multi-mechine simulation. P2psim is bulit with c++, it is fast and it have achieved many DHT protocols. But its community is not as active as two years ago.

I was invited to be as a developer of Planetsim several months ago because of some suggestions and codes. But for some reason, I have no time to contribute more codes to the community. The community now are active, so, many new features will be introduced into the system in the new version. I modified some codes to achieve my own range query protocol, but this part of code is not so compatible with the current source code of planetsim, so I just use it by myself. After I complete my paper and after more discusses with the community, I will continue my work on the framework.

1 条评论:

匿名 说...

I am Zhu,but I don't know what you say.